- License Renewal and Exam Information
- Search Licensees by License Type
- ACR Contractor or Technician License Renewal
- Duplicate Receipt for Online License Application
- Duplicate Receipt of Online Renewal
- Pay Penalties Online
- Change Contact Information Online
- ACR Contractor Exam Information
- Guidelines for Applicants with Criminal Convictions
- Enforcement Plan
- ACR Continuing Education
- Forms, FAQs, Rules, Law and Guidelines
- Meetings and Information
For holders of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractor licenses expiring on or after January 1, 2006, eight hours of TDLR approved continuing education courses will be required to renew that license. Two of these eight hours must be instruction on Texas laws and rules that regulate the conduct of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors. The other six hours must be courses taken in one or more of the following subjects:
- Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 1302, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors.
- Title 16, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 75, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Administrative Rules.
- The International Mechanical Code, the Uniform Mechanical Code, or other applicable codes.
- Business practices.
- Technical requirements.
Continuing education courses must be completed within the term of the license being renewed. For example, if a license expires on June 15, 2006, the continuing education courses taken to renew that license must have been taken between June 15, 2005 and June 15, 2006.
For a late renewal, the continuing education courses must have been completed within the one year period immediately prior to the date of renewal.
Licensees may not receive continuing education credit for attending the same course more than once for one renewal period. Further, licensees must retain a copy of the certificate of completion for a course for one year after the date of completion. In conducting any inspection or investigation of the licensee, the department may examine the licensee’s records to determine compliance.
Please note that the reporting of continuing education hours is the responsibility of the continuing education provider. Licensees may check their hours from the program's CE link to "Check the CE course you have completed." If the hours have not been reported, the licensee should contact the provider first to ensure that the hours are reported. If the reporting issue is not resolved, they have the option of filing a complaint.Top of Page | Air Conditioning Contractors Home Page | TDLR Home Page