A G E N D A
Monday, July 16, 2012 – 9:00 a.m.
North Campus Building
1st Floor Public Meeting Room, Room 125E
1106 Clayton Lane
If you require auxiliary aids, services or materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. Phone: (512) 475-4765, FAX: (512) 475-2874, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call of Board Members
- Introduction of Department Staff, Invited Guests, and Other Attendees
- Purpose of Meeting and Ground Rules for Discussion - The purpose of this meeting is to share and gather information on Smart Home Automation and Home Energy Audits. Agenda items E and F will be open, free flowing discussions between Board members, invited guests and the public. The discussions will be facilitated by Department staff
- Discussion on Smart Home Automation. Issues to be discussed include but are not limited to:
- How does Smart Home Automation work and what home functions are involved or controlled by Smart Home Automation?
- How and by whom is Smart Home Automation being marketed, offered, sold and provided?
- Who installs and maintains Smart Home Automation systems or technology and what are the qualifications or requirements of the persons installing and maintaining these systems or technology?
- What are the various industries affected by Smart Home Automation and how are they affected?
- How does Smart Home Automation relate to or affect the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contracting industry?
- Any other Smart Home Automation issues that are raised during the discussion.
- Discussion on Home Energy Audits. Issues to be discussed include but are not limited to:
- What is a home energy audit (audit) and what home components are reviewed in these audits?
- How and by whom are these audits being marketed, offered, sold, and provided?
- Are these audits required, and if so, what jurisdictions require these audits?
- Who performs these audits and what are the qualifications or requirements of the persons performing these audits?
- What is the scope of these audits in terms of reports and/or recommendations?
- What are the various industries affected by these audits and how are they affected?
- How do these audits relate to or affect the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contracting industry?
- Any other home energy audit issues that are raised during the discussion.
- Wrap-up by Department Staff