Elevator Search Help Page
Help Searching | About the Data | Elevator Data File | Elevator Search
- Click on a column heading to resort.
- Building Number (ELBI#) - Enter only the numbers. The Building Number is a TDLR
- Decal# (equipment identification number) - Enter only the numbers. Decal# is a TDLR
number issued to a particular elevator or piece of equipment.
- You can search by key words for Building Name and Building Address - Records containing
the word or phrase will be returned. For example, entering "Bank" in Building
Name will return all buildings whose names contain the word "bank," "First
Bank," "National Bank," "First Bank & Trust," etc.
Note: the search function is case insensitive.
- City - Entering the first few letters of a name will bring up all cities that begin
with those letters. For example, typing "El" will return El Campo and
- County - Specific county information is not maintained for each building. Searching
by county may not be accurate.
- Zip Code - Entering all 5 digits will show all for that zip code. Entering less
than all 5 will show all zip codes that begin with the numbers entered. For example,
entering "787" will return "78701," "78702," etc.
About the Data
Elevators, escalators, and related equipment are required to be inspected annually
by a Qualified Elevator Inspector (QEI) at the request of the building owner or
the owner's agent. The law requires the owner to submit all paperwork and fees to
the Department within 60 days of the date of inspection. The paperwork is reviewed
in detail and a Certificate of Compliance is issued if all requirements are satisfied.
NOTE: Not all elevator equipment data is available through this search function
as some data inconsistencies are being reconciled. If you experience any difficulties
with your search email us at
Elevator Data File
Download Elevator Data
(approx. 8 megs)
This is an ASCII, comma and quote delimited file with the following format:
- TDLR ID (internal ID number)
- ELBI# (Building Number)
- Building Name
- Building Name (line 2)
- Building Address Line 1
- Building Address Line 2
- Building City
- Building Zip
- Building County
- Owner Name
- Contact Name
- Date of Last Certified Inspection
- Date of Next Inspection
- Date of Last 5 Year Test
- Equipment Type
- Machine Drive Type
- Number of Floors
- Year Installed
For questions please send an email to
TDLR Home | Elevator Search