The Polygraph Examiners Advisory Committee meeting scheduled for November 19 is canceled. Notice of the new meeting date will be posted as soon as it is available.
Polygraph Examiners Proposed Rules - Published in the Texas Register: October 4, 2013. Deadline for Public Comment: November 4, 2013.
New Legislation - Senate Bill 562 (83rd Legislature, Regular Session) made several important changes to the Texas Polygraph Examiners Act. Effective as of September 1, 2013, SB 562 made changes relating to the license qualifications and continuing education requirements for polygraph examiners. These changes include:
- Recognizing the training and experience gained while in the military or federal government when reviewing new applications
- Making participation in continuing education mandatory rather than voluntary
- Stipulating that the Commission may adopt rules to identify other instruments and instrumentation requirements that are acceptable for use.
- New rules to implement the changes should be adopted by January 1, 2014
The Polygraph Examiners Advisory Committee met September 17 in Austin. The agenda is available online. The meeting was archived and is available for viewing via RealPlayer.
Focus Group Comments - Here are the public comments on general topics received during the 2012 Strategic Planning process. The comments are grouped as answers to the four questions we based our discussions on.
- What are we doing well?
- What can we do better?
- If you could change one service that we provide or eliminate or amend any provision of TDLR’s statutes or rules, what would it be?
- What major changes will occur over the next five years that will impact the way you do business and the services we provide?
Read the comments (16 kb PDF) To see the comments for each individual license program, go to that program's section on the web site.
TDLR is now accepting online payment for administrative penalties.
For more information about Polygraph Examiners, e-mail TDLR at email@example.com