About the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
To be the leader in public service by creating innovative, low cost licensing and regulatory best practices, and cultivating employees who provide exceptional customer service.
To honor the trust of all Texans, ensure public safety and customer protection, and provide a fair and efficient licensing and regulatory environment at the lowest possible cost.
To achieve smaller, smarter government, we:
- Honor the public by regulating in a fair, open, and consistent manner;
- Provide more opportunities and avenues for our customers and employees to be heard (Your Voice Matters);
- Deliver simple, clear, and courteous service to our customers;
- Maintain a culture of change and innovation by always challenging and re-evaluating the status quo;
- Build efficient and cost-effective public-private partnerships;
- Mentor leaders to exemplify TDLR’s Core Values;
- Eliminate waste and maximize our resources to lower the cost for the customers we serve;
- Reward high-performing employees through promotion, raises, and recognition;
- Serve the citizens of Texas responsibly through transparency and efficiency; and
- Value the dignity and worth of our customers and employees.
TDLR's Core Values
The following core values reflect what is truly important to us as an organization. These are not values that change from time to time, situation to situation or person to person, but rather they are the foundation of our agency culture.
Accountability - We are each responsible to the citizens of Texas and take great pride in our successes. We own up to our mistakes and acknowledge them as opportunities for growth.
Customer Service - We provide quick, easy, and accessible service, treating each person with honor and respect.
Innovation - We foster a culture of creativity to generate bold ideas, deliver valuable change, and position the agency for the future.
Integrity - We are trustworthy, honest, and ethical in all we do.
Open and Free Communication - We seek participation from all of our customers and coworkers and listen to all viewpoints.
Respect - We value our customers and coworkers, treating everyone with courtesy and dignity.
Teamwork - We succeed together by combining our talents, passion, and ingenuity to serve the citizens of Texas.