About the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
To be the leader in public service by creating innovative, low-cost licensing and regulatory "next" practices, and cultivating highly-engaged employees who provide exceptional customer service.
To honor the trust of all Texans, safeguard the public, and provide a fair and efficient licensing and regulatory environment at the lowest possible cost.
To achieve smaller, smarter government, we:
- honor the public by being fair, open, and consistent;
- serve the citizens of Texas responsibly through transparency and efficiency;
- seek input and feedback from our stakeholders and employees;
- provide clear and simple communication;
- reduce licensing costs and regulatory burdens;
- value the dignity and worth of our customers and coworkers;
- foster innovation and change by challenging the status quo;
- pursue efficient and cost-effective public-private partnerships;
- develop core value-driven leaders; and
- recruit, retain, and reward high-performing employees.
TDLR's Core Values
The following core values reflect what is truly important to us as an organization. These are not values that change from time to time, situation to situation or person to person, but rather they are the foundation of our agency culture.
Accountability - We are each responsible to the citizens of Texas and take great pride in our successes. We own up to our mistakes and acknowledge them as opportunities for growth.
Customer Service - We provide quick, easy, and accessible service, treating each person with honor and respect.
Innovation - We foster a culture of creativity to generate bold ideas, deliver valuable change, and position the agency for the future.
Integrity - We are trustworthy, honest, and ethical in all we do.
Open and Free Communication - We seek participation from all of our customers and coworkers and listen to all viewpoints.
Respect - We value our customers and coworkers, treating everyone with courtesy and dignity.
Teamwork - We succeed together by combining our talents, passion, and ingenuity to serve the citizens of Texas.