Electrical Safety and Licensing Advisory Board
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
ELECTRICAL SAFETY AND LICENSING ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 1:00 p.m.
North Campus Building - 1st Floor Public Meeting Room
1106 Clayton Lane, Austin, Texas
If you require auxiliary aids, services or materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, FAX: (512) 475-2874, E-MAIL: Advisory.Boards@tdlr.texas.gov, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
Watch the meeting on TDLR's YouTube channel at – https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
- Approval of minutes –November 2, 2017
- Public Comment
**Any person wishing to address the Advisory Board should complete a Public Comment Form and submit it to the Executive Assistant**
- Staff Reports
- Licensing Division
- Licensing Statistics
- Customer Service Division
- Introduction and Overview of the Customer Service Division
- Enforcement Division
- Case Highlights
- Enforcement Key Statistics
- Education and Examination
- Current Projects
- Statistics and Trends
- Compliance Division
- Update on Speaking Engagements and Other Activities
- Concerns from the Industry
- 2017 NEC
- Executive Office
- Bill Implementation Update
- Briefing on TDLR’s Response to Hurricane Harvey
- Recent Developments
- Licensing Division
- Status update on recently adopted amendments to 16 Texas Administrative Code,
Chapter 73, §73.26, regarding verification of on-the-job training.
- Discussion and possible recommendation regarding proposed rule amendments to 16 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 73, §§ 73.10, 73.20, 73.24, 73.25, and 73.80. The proposed amendments implement House Bill 1698 (85th R.S.), which created the journeyman industrial electrician license. The proposed amendments add a definition and address eligibility requirements, waiver of the examination requirement, continuing education, and add application and renewal fees.
- Discussion and possible recommendation to approve changes to the Penalty Matrix for the Electricians program
- Discussion of Electrical summit and possible recommendations.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next board meeting