Employment and Internship Opportunities at the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
TDLR employs nearly 390 persons in a wide variety of professional, administrative and technical positions and provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees. Our employees also enjoy agency and state benefits and the opportunity to contribute toward TDLR’s vision of being the leader in public service by creating innovative, low cost and regulatory best practices, and cultivating employees who provide exceptional customer service.
TDLR was recognized as the “Model Regulatory Agency” for the state of Texas in its last Sunset Commission review and ranked one of “Austin’s Top 25 Mid-Sized Employers” by the Austin American-Statesman in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Additionally, the Texas Quality Foundation recognized TDLR with the Foundation’s Progress Level Award for outstanding organizational management and performance in 2011.
Please scroll below to find current openings. You can also sign up to receive email notices when new job openings are posted. To learn more about TDLR’s mission, goals, and what we do, please visit our Compact with Texans page. If you have any questions or comments, please call the Human Resources Office at 512-463-7184.
Applying for Jobs with TDLR
To apply for a job with TDLR, please submit a TYPED State of Texas Employment Application. Applications are only accepted for posted positions and must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the closing date.
The necessary forms and information for applying with TDLR can be found here:
- State of Texas Employment Application
- Instructions for Completing the State of Texas Application for Employment
- Employment History Continuation Sheet
Compliance / Business and Building Deputy AC & R Program Specialist V – Austin
Posting Number: 0202-16
Group/Step: B21, Position 121
Opening Date: 02/05/16
Closing Date: until filled
Driver Training & Safety Program Specialist V – Austin
Posting Number: 0701-16
Group/Step: B21, Position 74
Opening Date: 07/08/16
Closing Date: until filled
$53,388 – $62,500.08 annually
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.