Massage Therapy Continuing Education Provider Approval
On this page:
Requirements for Approval
To become approved as a massage therapy continuing education provider, you will need to submit a completed Continuing Education Provider Application (PDF) along with the required fee of $200, and all requirements must be met. A brief description of the capability in developing and instructing continuing education courses will be required along with a business plan with clearly defined purposes such as policies on inclement weather, refunds and cancellations.
- Massage therapy techniques and courses involving the manipulation of soft tissue must be taught or presented by a licensed massage therapy instructor.
- Advanced massage therapy or bodywork techniques must be taught or presented by persons with licensure, registration or education in the technique being presented.
- Courses, other than techniques, may be taught or presented by persons with licensure, registration, education or practical experience in the subject being presented.
For a detailed explanation of the types of instruction that courses must contain, please see the Curriculum Requirements section of the Continuing Education Requirements for Massage Therapists and Instructors page as well as the Massage Therapy Administrative Rules.
Pre-Approval of Course Curriculum
The department does not pre-approve continuing education programs. It is your responsibility as an approved provider to read and understand the Massage Therapy Administrative Rules. You are subject to random audit concerning the courses you provide.
Student Attendance Records
Approved providers are required to maintain attendance records of all continuing education activities for a period of 5 years.
Approved provider must also issue a certificate of attendance to each participant in a course program. The certificate of attendance shall contain:
- The name of the approved provider and approval number
- The name of the participant
- The title of the program
- The number of credit hours given
- The subject(s) included in the program
- The date and place of the program
- The signature of the approved provider
The department may audit approved providers for compliance with the Massage Therapy Administrative Rules.
Renewal of Approval
Continuing education providers will receive a renewal notice via regular mail at their address of record prior to their approval expiration date. Providers must return the renewal notice along with the designated fee before the approval expiration date.
Provider renewals postmarked after the expiration date will not be able to renew and will be required to submit an new application for CE provider approval.
If you do not receive a renewal notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.