Military Service Members, Veterans, and Spouses - For more information about obtaining a TDLR license or renewing a TDLR license that expired while serving on active duty, please go to the Military Outreach home page.
Combative Sports is a full contact competition between two contestants. The primary sport in this program is boxing. Other sports regulated by this program are kick boxing, shoot wrestling / fighting, pancration wrestling / fighting, mixed martial arts contests or any form of competition in which a blow is struck which may reasonably be expected to inflict injury. Kick boxing is a form of boxing in which blows are delivered with any part of the arm below the shoulder, including the hand, and any part of the leg below the hip including the foot. Shoot wrestling / pancration wrestling is a form of full contact martial arts in which opponents may, while standing, strike with the open hand, kick, wrestle, throw grapple and submit. For more information about combative sports, e-mail TDLR at CSboxing@tdlr.texas.gov.
All events are subject to change or cancellation.
- 06/22/18 El Tigre Promotions, Humble
- 06/23/18 Famoso Productions, San Antonio
- 07/07/18 Reyna Promotions, Corpus Christi
- 07/14/18 Blue Chip Promotions, Houston
- 07/21/18 Texas Rage In The Cage, Mission
- 07/27/18 Big Card Promotions, Dallas
- 07/27/18 Triple A Promotions, Laredo
- 07/28/18 Texas Rage In The Cage, Dallas
- 07/28/18 Underwood Boxing, Austin
- 07/28/18 Blue Chip Promotions, Dallas
- 08/25/18 Leland Promotions Pasadena
- 09/01/18 Silver Promotions, McAllen
- 10/06/18 Goat Boxing Promotions, Houston
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
- 06/22/18 Legacy Fighting Alliance (Legacy Promotions), Beaumont
- 07/20/18 Fury Fighting Championships, Humble
- 07/21/18 Back Alley Promotions (XKO), Dallas
- 08/18/18 Ultimate Warrior Fighting Promotion, San Antonio
- 08/24/18 South Texas Fighting Championships (STFC), McAllen (Muay Thai)
- 09/02/18 Fury Fighting Championships, San Antonio
- 09/08/18 Xtreme Combat Productions, Corpus Christi
- 11/03/18 Fury Fighting Championships, Humble
- 11/17/18 Xtreme Combat Productions, San Antonio
Combination Events (Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts)
- 08/03/18 Fist Fight League, Amarillo (Pro MMA, Kick Boxing, Muay Thai)
Amateur Mixed Martial Arts
- 06/23/18 Songahm Martial Arts, Lindale
- 07/14/18 Texas Clash, Floresville
- 07/20/18 Garcia Amatuer Promotions, Humble
- 07/21/18 XKO-A, Dallas
News and Updates
The Dangers of Weight-Cutting
The dangers of weight-cutting are real and well documented. Losing pounds rapidly creates serious physical and health problems such as dehydration, decreased kidney function, heat illness, or stroke. Learn more about these dangers in the Popular Science article, “This is why cutting weight is so dangerous for professional fighters.”
Online Training for Contract Inspectors
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation now offers online training for Contract Inspectors who are an essential part of the Texas Combative Sports Team. If you are interested in an opportunity to work as an inspector at a boxing or mixed martial arts event, the department encourages you to watch the videos in this YouTube playlist and then contact the combative sports program at CSboxing@tdlr.texas.gov .
Live Seminar for Medical Doctors
If you are a medical doctor licensed by the State of Texas interested in participating in TDLR’s Combative Sports program or are currently a ringside physician and want a refresher, you can watch videos of our live seminar in this YouTube playlist.
Combative Sports Safety Webinar
TDLR encourages anyone interested in the safety of combative sports participants to view this "Diagnosis and Management of Concussion in Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts Combatants" webinar.