Military Service Members, Veterans, and Spouses - For more information about obtaining a TDLR license or renewing a TDLR license that expired while serving on active duty, please go to the Military Outreach home page.
Combative Sports is a full contact competition between two contestants. The primary sport in this program is boxing. Other sports regulated by this program are kick boxing, shoot wrestling / fighting, pancration wrestling / fighting, mixed martial arts contests or any form of competition in which a blow is struck which may reasonably be expected to inflict injury. Kick boxing is a form of boxing in which blows are delivered with any part of the arm below the shoulder, including the hand, and any part of the leg below the hip including the foot. Shoot wrestling / pancration wrestling is a form of full contact martial arts in which opponents may, while standing, strike with the open hand, kick, wrestle, throw grapple and submit. For more information about combative sports, e-mail TDLR at CSboxing@tdlr.texas.gov.
All events are subject to change or cancellation.
- 02/03/18 Top Rank, Corpus Christi
- 02/09/18 AAA, Laredo
- 02/09/18 Roy Jones Jr. Boxing Promotions, Dallas
- 02/09/18 Leija-Battah Promotions, San Antonio
- 02/10/18 Leija-Battah Promotions, San Antonio
- 02/10/18 Ringstar Sports, TGB Promotions and Battah Promotions, San Antonio
- 02/11/18 RTS, Humble
- 02/17/18 Famoso Productions, San Antonio
- 02/17/18 Solidknockout Promotions, Kingsville
- 02/17/18 TGB Promotions, El Paso
- 02/22/18 Undercard, Dallas
- 02/24/18 Rage in the Cage, Palmhurst
- 03/03/18 Gutierrez Promotions, Robstown
- 03/10/18 Leland D Promotions, Houston
- 03/10/18 Ringstar Sports and TGB Promotions, San Antonio
- 03/17/18 Underwood Promotions, Austin
- 03/31/18 Reyna Promotions, Corpus Christi
- 04/14/18 El Tigre Promotions, Galveston
- 05/05/18 Underwood Promotions, Austin
- 06/02/18 Reyna Promotions, Corpus Christi
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
- 02/16/18 Fury Fighting Championships, Humble
- 02/16/18 LFA (Legacy), Dallas
- 02/18/18 UFC, Austin
- 03/02/18 STFC, McAllen
- 03/04/18 Fury Fighting Championships, San Antonio
- 03/09/18 LFA (Legacy), Houston
- 03/10/18 XKO (Back Alley), Dallas
- 03/31/18 FIST Fight League, Amarillo
- 05/25/18 LFA (Legacy), Dallas
Combination Events (Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts)
- No Events Scheduled
Amateur Mixed Martial Arts
- 02/16/18 Garcia Promotions, Humble
- 02/16/18 USACA, Dallas
- 02/24/18 TACSPI Promotions, Mesquite
- 02/24/18 Texas Clash, Sinton
- 03/02/18 STFCA, McAllen
- 02/24/18 Rage in the Cage, Palmhurst
News and Updates
Online Training for Contract Inspectors
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation now offers online training for Contract Inspectors who are an essential part of the Texas Combative Sports Team. If you are interested in an opportunity to work as an inspector at a boxing or mixed martial arts event, the department encourages you to watch the videos in this YouTube playlist and then contact the combative sports program at CSboxing@tdlr.texas.gov .
Live Seminar for Medical Doctors
If you are a medical doctor licensed by the State of Texas interested in participating in TDLR’s Combative Sports program or are currently a ringside physician and want a refresher, you can watch videos of our live seminar in this YouTube playlist.
Combative Sports Safety Webinar
TDLR encourages anyone interested in the safety of combative sports participants to view this "Diagnosis and Management of Concussion in Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts Combatants" webinar.
Advisory Board Meetings
Previous Meeting - December 1, 2017
The Combative Sports Advisory Board was scheduled to meet on December 1, 2017 in Austin, but did not have a quorum. The members who were present discussed items on the agenda and staff reports, but no action was taken. The discussion was archived and is available on TDLR's YouTube channel.